Looking for ways to spice up the exercise routine and add more challenging movements to your day? Here are a few to try if you haven’t already.
1. Give planks a try instead crunches to work that whole core.
2. Interval workouts to rev up the metabolism – Try a 20-minute interval run with lots of 1 minute of sprinting with 30 seconds of walking recovery.
3. Turn the incline on versus keeping a flat treadmill – you’ll get more muscle-building burn!
4. Do some dance inspired fitness classes to free your mind instead of staying stuck to a machine.
5. Try adding some standing for sitting at a desk.
6. When you do sit, do it on an exercise ball and work on your balance and core while you work.
7. Do free weights for machines – free weights are more versatile and allow for a full range of motion.
8. Pull-ups instead of bicep curls to work arms, shoulders and back.
9. Squats for leg press for more full body challenge.
10. A Certified Personal Trainer may help push us through a plateau.
11. Use a foam roller instead of sitting and stretching.
12. Try the rowing machine instead of the bike for a great upper body challenge.
13. Make it an active dates versus for dinner and a movie.
14 Park your car further away and walk the extra 100 feet
15. Hands-free treadmill, don’t rely on the handlebars.